Friday, February 22, 2008

feb 23

My New Zealand adventure has ended and my Australian one has just begun. I arrived in Melbourne on Thursday without inncodent. It did take 3 hours to get thru customs. There were 6 international flights that came in at the same time. It was bittersweet to leave New Zealand. I actually made a lot of friends on my contiki. Yeah I know amazing I didn't hate everyone after 14 days. I was glad the tour was over just so I could get some sleep. The days following the tour finishing were no better for getting sleep. The day before leaving New Zealand Kailey decided she needed to get a tattoo. The only time she could be fit in was 9pm on wednesday. That would have been fine except that our flight was at 7:30am the next morning. The tattoo took 4 hours to finish. We didn't get back to the hostel until 2am. we were up at just after 4am to get to the airport the recommended 2.5 hours before the flight. Check out kailey's blog to see photos of the tattoo. http://peckandfind.com . I didn't see much of Melbourne yesterday because I needed to catch up on my sleep. Last night I did attend my first Australian Rules Football game. It was good fun. I have no idea what was going on but it was entertaining. It was also cheap. $15.50. You can't even step foot in a farm baseball game for that in the states let alone a pro game.
There is so much to write about it is overwhelming. I am still trying to process all that happend on tour. It is amazing that I didn't know those people even existed 3 weeks ago. The group was really good. The 16 of us left in Auckland after the tour ended went out to dinner. That never would have happend after my russia trip ended. We all continued to get together until kailey and I left. The second night there were 9 of us. The nine of us ended up stumbling into trivia night at an irish pub. We ended up coming in second. But we think we were robbed because the Emcee was friends with the guys who won. In any case it was fun and we cleaned up in all catagories except for sport. What the hell do 3 canadians, an american, 3 Brits, a german and 1 aussie know about cricket, aussie rules football, squash, soccer and rugby? We got a respectable 4 out of 10. We said good bye to 3 more that night.
That is all for now. I am going to watch some penguins on a beach tonight. It is a long drive.
More babble soon. Keep reading.

No comments: